Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Luscious Lentil Soup

I try to cook healthy, wholesome delicious foods for my husband and I as often as I can. This quick and delicious soup is from Gloria Roses' cookbook called 'Cooking for Good Health'.

Here's the recipe:
7 cups Chicken Stock ( I used store bought organic)
1 tbsp. olive oil
4 medium sized carrots, sliced ( I used 2)
2 celery stalks, sliced
1 medium size onion, chopped
1 leek, thinly sliced
1 tbsp fresh parsley
11/2 cups red lentils ( I used only 1 cup)
1 tomato chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1-2 bay leaves
1/8 tsp ground pepper
1/4 tsp ground thyme
1/4 tsp cumin ( not part of the recipe, I love cumin!)

Method:
Saute carrots, celery, onion, leeks in olive for 10 minutes in large stock pot.
(There is no olive oil in the original recipe or sauteing the vege's. I love the flavor of sauted onions and do this for most soup recipes)
Add rest of ingredients. Cook over medium heat for 1 hour. Puree 2 cups of the soup in a blender. Return puree to soup pot.  Heat thoroughly and serve.
Serve with lemon wedges for added zest.
Or add 1 tbsp Miso for extra flavor.



















Thanks for stopping by!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...